Labrador believe that protecting your privacy is important. We are guided by the Australian Privacy Principles outlined in the Australian Privacy Act 1988, the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 and other applicable laws governing privacy.
If you have objections to this privacy statement, you should not access or use our website and you should not submit your resume or any personal information to Labrador.
Information we ask for when you first submit your resume
We collect the minimum personal information necessary to understand your skills and experience, the job role you are seeking, your right to work in a particular country and to ensure we can communicate with you. This includes your:
- Legal name
- Residential location (state and country)
- Contact details
- Right to work in Australia
- Previous experience – including regional, skills and job roles
- Work history – in the form of a current CV/resume
If you have concerns about providing any of the details, you may provide the minimum mandatory information or choose not to submit a resume.
Information we may ask for before you commence employment
We collect additional information before and after we make an offer of employment. This can include:
- Identity verification checks including driver’s licence, passport and visa
- Competency verification checks including accredited certification
- Financial information including banking, superannuation and taxation details
- Insurance information including professional indemnity and public liability certificates
- Emergency contacts and medical information relevant to our professional duty of care
How we obtain your information
We obtain most of your personal information directly from you when you submit your resume, complete forms provided by us or when you communicate with a Labrador representative by phone, email or in person.
We may also collect some personal information from third parties including:
- Reference checks from your referees
- Competency, medical or background checks including credit and criminal record checks
- Networking with your peers
- Publicly available sources such as newspapers, journals, directories, the internet (including social media sites)
- Information we may receive from or about you in the workplace when you are in our employment including complaints, investigations, workplace accidents, disciplinary or criminal matters
How we use or disclose your information
Personal information we collect will only be included in our records if necessary for the performance of our activities as an agency providing your services to our clients or to meet government compliance obligations.
We disclose your personal information only to the extent that is necessary to perform our activities and meet the needs of our clients or government agencies, or to book employment related services such as travel or training on your behalf. Your information may be disclosed in part or as a whole to:
- Our clients when they are seeking to fulfil a contract position
- Our staff responsible for placing you with a client and supporting that placement with administrative or financial services
- Government agencies for compliance purposes
- Other third parties who deliver related services such as travel, medical, insurance or training services
Storage and access to your information
Labrador take all reasonable measures to ensure we hold your personal information in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons for approved business purposes.
However, no data transmission across the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us across the internet. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the use and disclosure of this information as described in this privacy statement. You may, at any time, request:
- Request confirmation of the information we hold about you
- Request amendment or update of the information
- Request full or partial deletion of your information at the completion of your engagement